Saturday March 24 & Sunday March 25, 2018
Plant Factory Advanced: Unravelling Deeper Layers in Procedural Plant Creation
Join Daniel Seebacher for a 2 part webinar series on advanced procedural plant creation with e-on Software Plant Factory, on March 24 & 25, 2018.
Dates and Times:
Session 1: Saturday 24th March – 20:00 GMT (London), 16:00 EDT (New York), 13:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
Session 2: Sunday 25th March – 20:00 BST (London), 15:00 EDT (New York), 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
This two-part set of webinars will dig into deeper layers of PlantFactory. It is a continuation of the introductory webinars from last year, which are still available for download here. There will also be a brief introductory segment in the first session for newcomers about the basics of the software.
The first session will focus on advanced modelling techniques. We will explore the auto-growth node, the creation of roots, how to grow plants on objects, how to create smart procedural materials that automatically adapt to plant properties and how you can utilize advanced dependencies for plant modelling. You will also learn how to create custom interfaces and top-level editors for quick plant customization.
The second session will focus on light-weight plant creation, on how to make plant properties depend on level of detail and on various meshing techniques.
Session 1: Saturday 24th March : 20:00 GMT (London), 16:00 EDT (New York), 13:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
1. Introduction and “TPF in 10 minutes”- crashcourse
2. Advanced surface modelling
- Axis, section and profile editors
- Fractal displacement
- Modelling with forces
- Modelling roots
- Growing plants on objects
3. Advanced procedural tools
- Auto-growth node in more detail
- New leaf node features in TPF 2016 R4
- Utilizing the nodes from the „miscellaneous“-category
- Randomness dependencies and custom randomness distribution
- Cascading levels of inherited plant properties
- “Smart” procedural materials that react to geometric plant changes
- Graphing your plants the smart way for saving resources and generation time
Session 2: Sunday 25th March : Sunday 25th March : 20:00 BST (London), 15:00 EDT (New York), 12:00 PDT (Los Angeles)
1. LOD and plant creation for game engines
- Turning nodes on and off with LOD
- Swapping different types of imported geometry with LOD
- Adjusting the resolution with LOD
- Working with billboards and cross-plane leaves
- An in-depth look at meshing options, including granular manual control of each plant part’s polygon distribution
2. Building advanced interfaces
- Controlling several plant values at once
- Creating sliders and drop-down menus
- Swapping materials
- Creating editors and metanodes
- Creating presets
PlantFactory by e-on software is a ground-breaking 3D vegetation modelling, animation and rendering software, with application to the CG, SFX, Architecture and Gaming communities.